Office of Vice Chancellor for Socio-Cultural Affairs
Name: Mehdi Rezaei
Position: Vice Chancellor for Socio-Cultural Affairs
Degree: Ph.D in Persian Language & Literature
Rank: Associate Professor
Phone number: 07142223104
Office of Vice Chancellor for socio-cultural Affairs has the following responsibilities:
1. Announcing all laws and regulations issued by the university chancellor to the relevant units and monitoring and supervising their appropriate implementation.
2. Preparing the rules and instructions and the order of meetings related to the duties of the Vice-Chancellor to be handed to authorities for approval.
3. Presenting necessary justification reports to the university chancellor as to the duties assigned to the supervised units.
4. Recommending qualified individuals to the University Chancellor to hold positions of management related to this department.
5. Supervision of affiliated departments in order to ensure the efficient execution of their duties.
6. Planning, adjusting activities and proposing the annual budget of the Associate Vice-President in accordance with university priorities.
7. Collaboration with other deputies for satisfactory implementation of university programs.
8. supervision of the appropriate implementation of all cultural affairs of the university at the levels of professors, students and staff, in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, in cooperation with of other relevant institutions.
9. Implementation of the strategic guidelines of the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution and the relevant Headquarters for expanding the culture and foundations of Islam in the relevant departments.
10. Observation of the overall cultural, educational, social and political conditions of the university as well as conducting studies and research in order to plan and policy the cultural activities to expand the Islamic revolutionary values of Iran at all levels of the university and report to the Cultural and Social Council of the University.
11. Establishing communication and cooperation with cultural and revolutionary institutions.
12. Planning for the development of cultural, political and moral education through holding courses and academic seminars and cultural, intellectual, and political assemblies, using the capabilities of Islamic and revolutionary institutions.
13. Encouraging different parts of the university to attend various scientific, political and cultural gatherings of the community.
14. Attempts to promote the culture of dialogue, methodological critique, free thinking and the development of the relationship of academics with scholarly, cultural and political experts.
15. Content management of the Cultural and Social Council through facilitating the approval process of the plans, proposing the necessary programs and following the assigned duties.
16. Following the announcement of laws, regulations to the relevant units inside or outside the university with the aim of coordinating and monitoring their appropriate implementation and presenting the evaluation report to the University's Cultural and Social Council.
17. Carry out other assignments offered by the university chancellor